Bemus Point United Methodist Church
4954 Bemus Ellery Road, Bemus Point, NY 14712
716-386-3401 / www.bpumc.com
BPUMC currently has an open full-time position for Worship Leader. The job description is available below. Contact Pastor Joe Pascoe, Lead Pastor, for information or to send an application packet. email@example.com
Job Title: Worship Leader Full-time, Exempt, Salary
Direct Supervisor: Lead Pastor Updated: July 2020
Under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor, the Worship Leader is responsible to direct the contemporary worship experience and enhance the outreach ministry of the church through vibrant worship, while also assisting in the leading of the traditional worship service.
- Cultivates a vision for creating a dynamic worship environment bringing glory and honor to the Lord for the seeker and the members of our congregation
- Inspires, oversees and listens to suggestions from volunteer teams for all aspects of contemporary worship services including a variety of music styles, technical arts, drama, dance, and other appropriate vehicles of worship ministry
- Brings an understanding of the rich heritage of hymnology and the rich history that is taught through music
- Is a bridge builder for all of the worship services of BPUMC
- Works closely with the directors of other ministries within the church to support worship and music for our children and families
- Recruits (with assistance as needed from the Volunteer Coordinator), trains, mentors, motivates and oversees a network of volunteers to support the volunteer needs of the ministry
- Coordinates special outreach events and services such as Praise on the Lake, musicals, special holiday worship services, and concerts
- Stays current with new and creative worship ideas
- Prepares ministry reports and provides periodic updates as requested.
- Works with Finance Committee to develop annual budget.
- Monitors expenses and adheres to budget protocol and policies for requesting funds.
- Ensures adherence to all copyrights and licenses.
- Attends staff meetings and various other meetings as required regularly.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A degree in worship, music, drama, creative arts or related programs is preferred, or a minimum of six years of experience in leading and planning contemporary and traditional services
- Experience, education or training and is comfortable in different styles and settings of traditional and contemporary worship with the ability to not show favoritism to either style.
- A strong knowledge of sound systems and the technical ability to manage the system.
- Technical art ability to develop worship programs through church software and the ability to coordinate appropriate lighting for services and events
- An accomplished vocalist with ability to read music with a combination of talent through instruments, orchestration, choral ensembles, and/or drama techniques
- Must be able to demonstrate strengths in building and equipping a team.
- Previous volunteer oversight experience, and an ability to encourage, support, and mentor a large group of diverse individuals will be necessary, experience preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to others in an honest and compassionate manner and maintains strong communication skills through verbal and written avenues
- Demonstrated ability to show innovation and vision casting
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in an environment with regularly changing priorities
- Willingness to engage in continuing education to enhance professional, spiritual, and personal growth
- A personal and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
- Character and lifestyle that demonstrates what it means to be a follower of Jesus
- Commitment to growing and maintaining a healthy spiritual life through the spiritual disciplines of spending time with God daily, inviting others to church, serving in a ministry, giving generously of resources, participating in a small group, mentoring others, worshipping at BPUMC, and keeping a weekly Sabbath
- Willingness to work cooperatively as a team with the pastors and staff and to unwaveringly support others’ ministry here at BPUMC
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The employee must be able to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisor assistance as appropriate