Here you will find any current employment opportunities offered by BPUMC. Check here regularly to stay up to date on our current postings.To find more information or apply, see the descriptions and job titles below.
MULTIPLE JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Bemus Point United Methodist Church
4954 Bemus Ellery Road, Bemus Point, NY 14712
716-386-3401 / www.bpumc.com
Bemus Point United Methodist is an active, multigenerational, evangelical congregation with 2 worship services averaging about 350 attendees. We are located in a small resort community on the edge of Chautauqua Lake. Our Co-Lead Pastors and ten staff work collaboratively to create an atmosphere where spiritual depth and authentic discipleship are nurtured.
Due to one staff retirement we currently have full-time and part-time positions available in the areas of Children’s Ministry Director and Choir Director (Traditional Worship). This is an exciting opportunity to create new ministry models and to serve with a very dedicated and collaborative team. Full job descriptions for each position are posted below.
Candidate requirements include:
- A strong Christian faith
- The ability to lead a multi-faceted program that embraces a philosophy of volunteer-driven ministry
- Strong abilities in teaching and public speaking, and strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- A track record that includes references to your professionalism and good judgment
- Experience in supervising (preferred)
- A record of success in working collaboratively
- A record of success in recruiting, empowering, and nurturing volunteers
- An embracing of our evangelical Wesleyan distinctives in theology and practice
- A firmly-rooted practice of self-care and weekly Sabbath rest
Interested applicants please complete the following Application Packet:
Personal Statement of Faith (1 page double spaced max)
Three Professional References
Answers to the following questions:
What position(s) are you interested in and why?
What motivates you and gives you passion about ministry?
What are some books you have read that have shaped your thinking about your particular areas of ministry, and how have they shaped you?
What is your practice of self-care? How do you stay healthy spiritually, emotionally, and physically?
Tell us about an interaction you have had with someone that affected your understanding of your particular area of ministry.
(Please answer each question in no more than one single-spaced page.)
Please email Application Packet to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to BPUMC, Attn: Gerald Possai, 4954 Bemus Ellery Road, Bemus Point, NY 14712.
Full Job Descriptions for Each Role (click for pdf):