Bemus Point United Methodist is an active, growing, evangelical congregation with 3 worship services averaging 450-500 attendees. We are located in a small resort community on the edge of Chautauqua Lake. Our Co-Lead Pastors and six full-time staff work collaboratively to create an atmosphere where spiritual depth and authentic discipleship are nurtured. Currently, we have 80-100 youth (grades 7-12), as well as active adult volunteers. Our youth enjoy an expanded youth area with worship center, recreation area, and classrooms. This is a healthy program that draws from several school districts and needs a mature, creative leader with a heart for facilitating the discipleship of youth. The congregation is supportive of its youth ministry and its Director of Youth Ministry, both spiritually and financially. This is an exciting opportunity to serve with a very dedicated ministry team with willingness to follow where God leads
Candidate requirements include:
- A strong Christian faith
- A Bachelor’s degree with a ministry emphasis
- Experience in working with a youth ministry (50 or more students preferred)
- The ability to lead a multi-faceted program that embraces a philosophy of student-led ministry
- Strong abilities in teaching and public speaking, and strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- A track record that includes references to your professionalism and good judgment
- Experience in supervising (preferred)
- A record of success in working collaboratively
- A history of successfully recruiting, empowering, and nurturing volunteers.
- An embracing of our Evangelical Wesleyan distinctives in theology and practice
- A firmly-rooted practice of self-care and weekly Sabbath rest
- Creation of systems in which youth are discipled to be followers of Jesus Christ.
- Oversight of junior & senior high school youth ministry programming
- Recruitment, training, oversight, and support of the volunteers working within the ministry
- Creation of missional opportunities for youth to engage their faith through acts of service in the local, national, and international arenas
- Engagement in continuing professional growth through conferences, seminars, retreats, or training events with the support of church-provided resources
- Collaboration with pastors and church staff at weekly meetings
- Cooperation with the Director of Children’s Ministry to create intergenerational events that foster health and growth within the church body
This is a full-time position. Salary is competitive and negotiable with some health benefits provided.
Interested applicants please complete the following Application Packet:
- Personal Statement of Faith (1 page double spaced max)Resume
- Three Professional References
Answers to the following questions:
- What motivates you and gives you passion about ministry with youth?
- What are three books you have read that have shaped your thinking about youth ministry, and how have they shaped you?
- What is your practice of self-care? How do you stay healthy spiritually, emotionally, and physically?
- Tell us about an interaction you have had with a youth that affected your understanding of youth ministry.
(Please answer each question in no more than one single-spaced page.)
Send Application Packet to BPUMC, Attn: Gerald Possai, Box 99, Bemus Point, NY 14712 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org