The following are policies that will guide the library in accepting donations and the acquisition of resources and materials:
- The library's collection will include books, DVDs, and CDs emphasizing Christian themes
- The library will include selective adult and children's fiction
- The library will include items from both religious and secular publishers/producers
The following will guide decisions regarding donations to the library:
- Does the item help fulfill the mission statement statement of the Bemus Point Methodist Church?
- Does the item promote, or at least not detract from the specific theology of the Bemus Point Methodist Church?
- Does the item help us learn about other faiths accurately?
- Does the item fill a need or an interest in our congregation?
- Is this item repetitive?
- Are the author and publisher credible?
- Is the item well written/produced?
- Is the item in good condition?
- If there is violence, is it appropriate to the material and the audience? Is it balanced by a redeeming quality?