Bemus Point United Methodist is an active, growing,
evangelical congregation with 3 worship services averaging 450-500 attendees.
We are located in a small resort community on the edge of Chautauqua Lake. Our Co-Lead Pastors and six full-time staff
work collaboratively to create an atmosphere where spiritual depth and
authentic discipleship are nurtured.
Currently, we have 80-100 youth (grades 7-12), as well as active adult
volunteers. Our youth enjoy an expanded
youth area with worship center, recreation area, and classrooms. This is a healthy program that draws from
several school districts and needs a mature, creative leader with a heart for
facilitating the discipleship of youth.
congregation is supportive of its youth ministry and its Director of Youth
Ministry, both spiritually and financially.
This is an exciting
opportunity to serve with a very dedicated ministry team with willingness to
follow where God leads
- A Bachelor’s degree with a ministry emphasis
- Experience in working with a youth ministry (50 or more
- The ability to lead a multi-faceted program that embraces a
philosophy of student-led ministry
abilities in teaching and public speaking, and strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- A track record that includes references to your professionalism
and good judgment
- Experience in supervising (preferred)
- A record of success in working collaboratively
- A history of successfully recruiting, empowering, and
- An embracing of our Evangelical Wesleyan distinctives in
theology and practice
- A firmly-rooted
practice of self-care and weekly Sabbath rest
- Creation of systems in which youth are discipled to be
followers of Jesus Christ.
- Oversight of junior & senior high
school youth ministry programming
- Recruitment, training, oversight, and support of the volunteers working
within the ministry
- Creation of missional opportunities for youth to engage their faith
through acts of service in the local, national, and international arenas
- Engagement in
continuing professional growth through conferences, seminars, retreats, or
training events with the support of church-provided resources
- Collaboration with pastors and church staff at weekly
- Cooperation with the Director of Children’s Ministry to
create intergenerational events that foster health and growth within the church
is a full-time position. Salary is competitive and negotiable with some health
applicants please complete the following Application Packet:
- Personal Statement of Faith (1 page
double spaced max)Resume
- Three Professional References
Answers to the following questions:
- What motivates
you and gives you passion about ministry with youth?
- What are three
books you have read that have shaped your thinking about youth ministry, and
how have they shaped you?
- What is your
practice of self-care? How do you stay
healthy spiritually, emotionally, and physically?
- Tell us about
an interaction you have had with a youth that affected your understanding of
answer each question in no more than one single-spaced page.)
Application Packet to
BPUMC, Attn: Gerald Possai, Box 99, Bemus Point, NY 14712 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org